Tuesday 24 May 2011

The sea and the sky, a reflex of my personality (Ich bin nicht verrückt)

Hello again, today I share with you an important thing: a very special photography.

This picture hasn't been easy to choose because there are many images that I love, but I chose this especially beacuse this photo shows the ocean and the sky in an apparent calm like if anything happen, but I know that it's not like that because in winter the sea is rough, unpredictable and uncotrollable. Sky changes every times too. It gets red, orange, black, blue, celestial, gray, etc. The little part of land it's a bay nearly to Mehuín Cove.

The image was taken by Victor, a cousin that live in Puerto Montt. Last summer my family and his family met in Araucanía's region (Tolten Town) and we went to the beach for one day. My cousin took this photo when we were arriving to Mehuin Cove. He said: "This landscape is very beautiful. I must photograph this." Then, my cousin took this photo and several more because he didn't want to lost any part of the landscape. I suppose that he took around ten or fifteen photos of this place. It could seem exaggerated but, in the chilean south the weather is very difficult to predict so to have a picture with a clear sky isn't easy, especially near to the sea, where the sky is usually cloudy. In synthesis, He was lucky because weather was sunny that day,  this is the reason he could get this image that I'm presenting to you.

The important in all that is the meaning that this image has for me. I like this picture because this remember me that day in wich my sisters, my cousin and me enjoyed all the day in the beach. However, this photo means something more for me: it represents part of my personality. Why I say this? Because all the landscape seems in calm but one don't know when it will change, it's unpredictable like part of my personality. You can see me very calm and quiet, but suddenly you'll see that I change and I turn hyperkinetic. Moreover, I have double personality -a part calm, quiet and patient and other part impatient, talkative and restless- like the union to the sky and the sea, where both are calm and restless and nobody can know.

Enjoy the image, is a chilean lanscape unique all over the world, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment